What is the US H-1B visa category?
The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa category, which allows US companies and employers to petition for highly educated foreign professionals to work in “specialty occupations” such as in IT, finance, architecture, accounting, engineering, science, mathematics, medicine, etc.
Generally, the initial duration of an H-1B visa grant is three years, which can be extended for a maximum of six years.
The H-1B program is quite good option for those Mexican and Canadian nationals who want to seek employment in the United States. They are also generally allowed to leave and return to the U.S. as they like, so long as their H-1B status remains valid.
H-1B Visa cap
H-1B visas are subject to an annual visa cap each fiscal year. Current immigration law on the H1-B visa has an annual numerical limit cap of 65,000 each financial year. US employers can start applying for the H-1B visa six months before the actual start date of the visa.
Eligibility: specialty occupation
The US H1-B visa aims to attract foreign staff in specialty occupations. To qualify as a specialty occupation, the job must meet one of the following criteria:
- The position must have a minimum entry requirement of a Bachelor’s or higher degree or equivalent
- The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.
- The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.
- The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
Eligibility: employee qualifications
To qualify to accept a job offer in a specialty occupation, candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- He/she must have completed a bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university in US
- He/she should hold a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation
- He/she must hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes him/her to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment.
- He/she must have relevant education, training, or experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.
Family & Dependants
H-1B visa holders can also bring their immediate family members including their spouse and children (under 21 years of age) to the United States under the H-4 Visa category as dependents.
An H4 Visa holder is permitted to remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder’s visa permits. However, an H-4 visa holder is not eligible to work in the US, but they can attend school, obtain a driver’s license and open a bank account while in the US.
Benefits of H-1B visa
- The first H-1B visa benefit is the broad requirements associated with qualifying for this visa. As various other working visas require the candidate to have a managerial position, a master’s degree, or an investment of thousands of dollars, the H-1B simply requires a bachelor’s degree and a job offer from a U.S. company for a specialty position.
- Unlike many other work visa classifications, one of the major H-1B’s benefits is the fact that it is considered to be a “dual intent” visa, which enables candidates to pursue legal permanent residency while they are under H-1B nonimmigrant status.
- Another benefit of the H-1B visa is the amount of time candidates are initially granted when they receive their visa. Unlike some of the other visas such as B-1 and J-1, the H-1B permits visa holders to stay for three years initially and can easily be extended.
- In contrast to the rigid regulations surrounding some other work-related visas, the H-1B offers holders the ability to port their status from one employer to another during their stay.
How WWICS Immigration experts can help you!!
Choosing the right visa can sometimes be a daunting task. That’s why we never recommend anyone to navigate immigration law without a qualified immigration expert at their side.
The expert H-1B immigration experts at WWICS can assess your immigration case and help you come to an informed decision about how you want to enter the United States.
The E2 investor visa is a non-immigrant visa designed for foreign entrepreneurs of countries that have a Treaty of Trade and Commerce with the United States. E2 investor visa allows foreign investors to enter and work inside of the United States based on a substantial investment in a legitimate enterprise.
The E2 visa is generally issued for two or five year periods and can be renewed indefinitely as long as the business concerned is viable and generating “more than enough revenue” to support the investor’s family.
- Privileges of obtaining E-2 visa
E-2 visa allows visa holder to:
- Work legally in the company that is the investment vehicle in the United States.
- Travel freely in and out of the United States
- Stay in United Sates on a prolonged basis with unlimited two-year extensions as long as he/she maintains E-2 qualifications
- Be accompanied by his/her dependents under 21, relatives and spouse. Applicant’s spouse might also work while in the U.S. while their dependents can attend U.S. schools, colleges, and universities as they do not have to apply for separate student visa.
However, E2 visa holder’s spouses and dependents do not need to be the same nationality as of the principle applicant.
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for E2, applicant needs to meet the following criteria:-
- The investor, either an individual, partnership or corporate entity, must be a citizen of a treaty country
- The applicant should have realistic plans to establish and fund the business
- In a business a minimum 50 % of the business must be owned by the persons with the treaty country’s nationality
- The investment must be sufficient to establish the successful operation of the business/company
- The investment used to qualify for an E2 visa must be a real operating enterprise, an active commercial or entrepreneurial undertaking and should eventually create employment for US citizens and residents of the US.
- Applicant must have control of funds. Loans taken with the assets of the investment enterprise are not entertained
For further information, help, and advice contact WWICS!!
WWICS’ team of specialists has over 25 years of experience in immigration and resettlement services. The organisation has helped thousands of people to study and work in the United States and other Countries across the world.
Contact the Immigration Experts at WWICS today and let us make your immigration procedure, hassle-free, smooth and seamless.
The E1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that permits the entry of foreign nationals (including individuals and employees) of a treaty nation into the United States and carry out substantial international trade.
The definition of “trade” is not strict and includes commercial transactions in goods and trade in services and technology like banking, insurance, accounting, tourism, communications, transportation, data processing, advertising, design and engineering and other measurable services which can be traded.
An E1 visa may also cover immediate family including spouse and unmarried children under 21. The spouse of the visa holder is entitled to work, but children are not.
E1 Visa Requirements
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the treaty countries. However, this requirement does not apply to immediate family members.
- The applicant must intend to engage in “substantial trade”, which is not strictly defined.
- A minimum 50% of the volume of trade carried out need to be between the United States and the treaty country
- The trade can be in the form of physical movement of goods like transportation, or non-physical services, including banking and insurance, technology, tourism, or journalism.
- Applicant (employee) must be employed at supervisory or managerial role possessing highly specialized skills or knowledge essential to the efficient operation of the firm.
- The applicant should provide evidence that they intend to return to their home country at the end of the visa period
E1 Visa Term
- Length of Stay
- Initially the E1 visa grants a stay of up to two years. However, provided the conditions are still met, the initial stay can be followed by extensions of up to two years. There is no limit to the number of extensions visa holder applies for.
- The treaty trader or employee can travel out of the United States and can obtain an automatic 2-year extension upon re-admission.
However, the additional readmission extension is not granted to immediate family members of visa holders automatically, therefore, they should keep track of their length of stay and make sure to apply for extensions to remain in the United States lawfully at the appropriate time.
- Restriction on Employment
An E-1 trader or employee is only entitled to work in the activity for which they were approved for when the visa was issued. However, in case their employer has a parent company it might be possible for them to work for that organization.
How WWICS can help you get your US Business Visa?
WWICS takes care of all your needs starting from selecting the best visa to suit your needs and skills, expert advice on how to get visa, professional documentation and pre departure guidance.
WWICS’ team of immigration specialists assess candidates’ profile details and offer expert advice as to which Visa Category he/she must choose and how to file the most accurate visa application to improve the chances of first time approval.
What started out in one part of the globe has reached the other part of the globe. It was started out by US to put more restrictions on how immigration applications are scrutinized. Recently, Australia announced that it will make changes to its immigration policies. The latest addition to this list is New Zealand.
The government of New Zealand has announced that it is planning to tighten access to skilled work visas with the objective to help local people find jobs.
People who are employed in the seasonal work such as picking up fruits will get the length of their work visas reduced to the time period they are required in the country.
These planned changes will be taken with the purpose to keep a check on the high level of immigration that is happening in New Zealand. This issue has cropped up as housing shortages, overcrowding and road congestion has been observed in Auckland and other major cities in New Zealand.
According to the statistical department in New Zealand, more than 70,000 new immigrants have come to New Zealand in the last year alone. The majority of these people have settled down in Auckland, which is now home to more than 1.5 million people.
This announcement from New Zealand has come after a day an announcement was made by Australia that will give more importance to Australian workers and will replace the skilled 457 visas. Just a day before, Australian prime minister, Malcolm Trurnbull stated that, “ Australians must have priority for Australian jobs – so the government is planning to abolish the 457 class visas. This visa is used to bring temporary foreign workers into the country”.
The immigration minister of New Zealand, Michael Woodhouse used almost the same language when he announced the plans of the country on immigration. According to him, “The government has a Kiwis-first approach to immigration”.
“It is important that the immigration process of the country is bringing in right people who have the right skills to fill up genuine skill shortages. This will contribute in the growth and development of the economy” Woodhouse added.
In case you are confused on how to immigrate and settle permanently in the country of your dreams than you can take the assistance from world renowned immigration consultant WWICS.
For those aspiring to immigrate to a land of opportunities, Canada is the best option available to them. You can get your profile assessed from an experienced professional at WWICS.
US President Donald Trump, in all likelihood may direct a complete review of the high-skilled immigration visa program of the country. This new measure will be part of the actions that are taken by US to catch companies, including those in tech industry, that have employed foreign workers in place of Americans.
In the new executive order that is expected soon from Donald Trump, instructions will be given to the Department of Homeland Security that is responsible for the issuance of famous H-1B visa. The pattern in which this visa is being granted will be reviewed thoroughly.
The agency will also be directed to make changes in the visa process in such a way that the jobs do not go to foreign workers who are employed just because they are paid less as compared to their US counterparts.
The new executive order which will be issued with the objective of “buy American, hire American” will not make any changes in the day-to-day working of the agency.
The H-1B visa is being supported by numerous companies in the Silicon Valley. The new executive order will at least open up the program for a formal review. It is expected that the president will make the announcement for the change during his visit to Wisconsin tomorrow.
The latest move from US president Donald Trump may leave many companies in the tech industry wondering around. This will be the latest addition in the number of restrictions that are being imposed by the present administration to stop employment of high-skilled foreign workers.
Just around a month ago, the Donald Trump administration implemented the rule to put H-1B visa under greater scrutiny. It is expected that employers of H-1B visa will be checked to determine if they have evaded the good faith effort to hire workers in US.
According to officials at Department of Homeland Security, programmers who are applying for H-1B visa will have to justify that they are in fact doing complex, specialized jobs. These new rules will come down hard on Indian tech companies such as Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys.
A promising alternative for aspiring immigrants is in the form of Canada. This land of many opportunities has always welcomed immigrants with open arms and continue to do so.
In case you are finding any trouble in applying for Canada’s permanent residency visa, than you can take the assistance from WWICS, a renowned immigration consultant.
Canada will give $119 million to help individuals in nations amidst nourishment emergencies.
Migration Minister Ahmed Hussen told journalists in Toronto on Friday that the cash will go toward those in Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia and Yemen who are confronting outrageous sustenance instability.
“These 20 million individuals require compassionate help now,” he said at the Keele Street Community Hub. “We realize that Canadians care and need their legislature to react to the necessities of individuals in these locales.”
He said Canada will give $27 million to Nigeria, $21 million to Somalia, $37 million to South Sudan and $34 million to Yemen.
Starvation has as of now been pronounced in parts of South Sudan and sustenance emergencies are creating there, in northeastern Nigeria, and Yemen because of contentions and in Somalia because of dry spell.
Canada reacting to UN request
Canada’s commitment will be conveyed through United Nations offices and non-legislative compassionate associations. It will go toward the arrangement of nourishment, social insurance administrations, clean water and sanitation offices and to secure jobs.
Hussen said the Canadian government asks the power “players” in these nations to permit help to be conveyed.
Not long ago, the UN advanced for earnest guide, saying this is the “biggest philanthropic emergency” since the finish of the Second World War. It will take $4.4 billion in helpful guide by July to turn away catastrophe, the UN said then.
Hussen said these four nations have been distinguished as the most in need at this moment.
Most of the sustenance instability has been made by struggle and uprooting from strife zones, the clergyman said.
As indicated by Global Affairs Canada, around 8.5 million individuals in Nigeria need helpful help, with 5.1 million of them confronting extraordinary sustenance instability. Generally a large portion of the number of inhabitants in Somalia — more than six million individuals — need compassionate help.
In February, the UN proclaimed a starvation in parts of South Sudan, influencing an expected 100,000 individuals. Up to one million are at danger of starvation.
An expected 10.3 million Yemenis require prompt life-sparing help, as indicated by help associations
In 2016, Canada gave over $100 million in compassionate help to individuals in every one of the four nations.
Every person in this world dream of a better life. We attain better education, work tirelessly for hours together and dedicate ourselves completely to be better than what we are now.
One of the ways to live a better life is to immigrate to a developed country. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK and Europe have been the preferred destination for thousands of aspiring immigrants who want to live a better life.
These developed countries have followed an open door policy to welcome new immigrants in their country. The rules and policies framed by them have been quite inviting and cooperating and encourage people to come and settle here permanently.
Last year Canada welcomed nearly 300,000 new immigrants in their country. This accounts for nearly the largest number of immigrants welcomed by any country in the previous year.
There is no second thought in stating that thousands of immigrants are living a happy and accomplished life. They are now glad that they made the right decision to immigrate to their dream destination.
However, it is not easy to immigrate to your dream country. You will have to fulfill the various requirement and provide different kinds of supporting documents in order to prove that you are the right person and will contribute positively to the development of the country where you want to immigrate.
The thorough background check is done on candidates who express their desire to immigrate to their dream destination. In many cases, there is face to face interview with the candidate by the immigration official before a permanent residency visa is granted to them.
The related visa application form must be filled in correctly with all the right and genuine information and must be according to the supporting documents that will be provided by you.
In case there is any discrepancy between the information filled in by you on the visa application form and the documents that are provided by you than in all likelihood your visa application will be turned down.
In case you don’t want to face failure and want to take all the right steps on your path to becoming a permanent resident of your dream country than right immigration consultant to consult is WWICS.
This is a globally renowned immigration consultant that has helped thousands of people in immigrating to their dream destination, whether it is through student visa, permanent residency or business visa.
A controversial proposal from a conservative leadership candidate for screening immigrants who are coming to Canada has brought to limelight the procedure that is being followed in admitting people tot he country.
Kellie Leitch, during an interview with Calgary Eyeopener, talked about the video she uploaded on social media giving reference to a large number of people who have viewed it. She added that the popularity of her video indicates that this topic on immigration is being discussed readily by people.
Leitch is the view that all the visitors, refugees and immigrants coming to Canada should undergo a face-to-face interview and should be check for the values he or she has towards Canada.
Evelyn Ackah, an immigration lawyer, has taken the matter in her hand and has put a question mark of the knowledge of Leitch on the current immigration system.
Ackah who is a managing lawyer at a business immigration firm was speaking to Calgary Eyeopener on Friday.
Evelyn pointed to the fact that all the immigrants whether they are a refugee or an immigrant are screened at the consulate and have already been seen face to face. Police checks are done of these immigrants for next six months once they start living in Canada. They are also being screened by humanitarian organizations and a complete scrutiny is done.
The statement made by Kellie only shows that she does not have complete knowledge of the working of the immigration system.
Evelyn was asked about her view on screening immigrants to find out what sort of Canadian values do they have, such as tolerance, freedom, generosity, helping others, hard work, and equal opportunity.
Evelyn responded to a question by saying who can one check for such factors? This argument does not make any sense and it does not look really practical.
She added that in case it had been easy to immigrate to Canada than there would have been no need for immigration lawyers or of immigration consultants.
Canada has an open door policy for immigrants and has always welcomed new people who want to come here and settle permanently.
However, it has strict regulations to ensure that only the right kind and deserving people get the chance to immigrate to Canada.
In case you have any question related to immigration than you can ask it from WWICS complaints cell. Thousands of people have been helped in settling happily in Canada by this leading immigration consultant and you can read the feedback of these people in the WWICS reviews section.
The year 2017 has been a happening year so far in terms of immigration to Canada. The federal government of Canada has improved efforts to bring in more immigrants to the country, something which can be clearly seen in the past few Express Entry draws.
Most of the provinces in Canada are also gearing up to be a part of the show.
The targets for Provincial Nominee Program has been increased by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to 51,000 for the year 2017. This is a 7% increase from the target that was set for the year 2016.
many provinces have taken up various measures to fulfill the targets for 2017 and they have expanded or opened different streams and categories for their respective PNPs.
Provinces and territories have the rights to set eligibility criteria for their PNPs. They also have the authority to pick applicants who fulfill the requirements of labor marked of their province.
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) carried out three separate draws in the month of February. A total number of 1,260 Invitations to Apply (ITA) were issued in these draws.
The Entrepreneur Immigration category received 28 ITAs and the remaining 1,232 were sent to Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration streams of the BC PNP.
It should be noted here that there is the difference between ITAs given by IRCC under its Express Entry pool draws and the ones given under BC PNP. When an ITA is issued to a candidate by BC PNP, he or she becomes eligible to apply for provincial nomination certificate. As and when a candidate receives the same, application for Canadian permanent residency can be sent.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) had sent an invitation to 324 skilled workers on February 27th. These workers will now be able to apply for provincial nomination certificate for Manitoba.
An aspiring immigrant has to first send an Expression of Interest (EOI) to show his or her willingness to settle in Manitoba. Selected candidates are then issued Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) under MPNP.
At the time of submitting the EOI, an aspiring immigrant has to answer a series of questions that are given online. Candidates are than ranked on the basis of answers given by them.
The minimum score in the February draw in Manitoba was 719 for skilled workers. When compared with the last draw that took place on January 27th, a reduction of 15 points is seen.
To find out what other provinces in Canada are doing to meet their immigration target and to learn how you can benefit from it, waste no time in meeting the leading immigration consultant WWICS.
For long the Caribbean has been a dream vacation destination for western countries. Generations of investors and visitors have turned these tropical islands into a paradise and are a perfect amalgamation of international culture.
Dominica is famous for its scenic beauty and is one of the top ten destinations for diving, eco-tourism, and hikes. People who love nature, Dominica is the perfect place to be.
Citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica provides various benefits along with the luxury of moving visa-free throughout Europe.
Once you are granted Dominican citizenship, you will enjoy rights equal to that of any Dominican citizen. You have the right to work and live in any part of Dominica at any time.
Considering the fact that Dominica is a member of CARICOM, you also have the freedom to live in any other member country.
With Dominican passport, you get the power to travel without the visa to 95 countries, including Ireland, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and all the countries of Schengen zone.
- Lifetime Dual Citizenship – You and the eligible members of the family will enjoy dual citizenship for a lifetime.
- Residency Requirement – It is not mandatory for you or your family members to live in Dominica before or after granting of citizenship.
- Tax Benefits – There is no tax on capital gains, foreign income, inheritance, gift or wealth.
- Confidentiality – All your information will be kept confidential including the processing of the application.
Dominica is being considered as one of the happiest places in the world to live in. The country is proud to have the highest number of people who have crossed 100 years of age.
The peaceful, safe and pristine environment promises to provide the easy lifestyle to its dwellers. It has a friendly and culturally vibrant community.
In order to be eligible to apply for Dominica Citizenship by Investment program, you will have to fulfill the following requirements:
- A non-refundable minimum donation of US $ 100,000 to the Dominican government (this amount varies with number of applicants) or
- An investment of US $ 220,000 in approved real estate project in Dominica.
With one application, you can apply for dual citizenship for your spouse, parents, and grandparents above 55 years of age and dependent children at or below 28 years of age.
Do you want to have complete information of what all benefits you will enjoy by becoming a citizen of Dominica? Contact WWICS today.