The E2 investor visa is a non-immigrant visa designed for foreign entrepreneurs of countries that have a Treaty of Trade and Commerce with the United States. E2 investor visa allows foreign investors to enter and work inside of the United States based on a substantial investment in a legitimate enterprise.
The E2 visa is generally issued for two or five year periods and can be renewed indefinitely as long as the business concerned is viable and generating “more than enough revenue” to support the investor’s family.
- Privileges of obtaining E-2 visa
E-2 visa allows visa holder to:
- Work legally in the company that is the investment vehicle in the United States.
- Travel freely in and out of the United States
- Stay in United Sates on a prolonged basis with unlimited two-year extensions as long as he/she maintains E-2 qualifications
- Be accompanied by his/her dependents under 21, relatives and spouse. Applicant’s spouse might also work while in the U.S. while their dependents can attend U.S. schools, colleges, and universities as they do not have to apply for separate student visa.
However, E2 visa holder’s spouses and dependents do not need to be the same nationality as of the principle applicant.
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for E2, applicant needs to meet the following criteria:-
- The investor, either an individual, partnership or corporate entity, must be a citizen of a treaty country
- The applicant should have realistic plans to establish and fund the business
- In a business a minimum 50 % of the business must be owned by the persons with the treaty country’s nationality
- The investment must be sufficient to establish the successful operation of the business/company
- The investment used to qualify for an E2 visa must be a real operating enterprise, an active commercial or entrepreneurial undertaking and should eventually create employment for US citizens and residents of the US.
- Applicant must have control of funds. Loans taken with the assets of the investment enterprise are not entertained
For further information, help, and advice contact WWICS!!
WWICS’ team of specialists has over 25 years of experience in immigration and resettlement services. The organisation has helped thousands of people to study and work in the United States and other Countries across the world.
Contact the Immigration Experts at WWICS today and let us make your immigration procedure, hassle-free, smooth and seamless.