When it comes to a country as bountiful as Canada, it’s hard to single out any one reason to invest and settle in this maritime nation. Being a country of intelligent and educated workers, Canada boasts countless advantages and unsurpassed potential as a business destination.
Canada’s business friendly environment is built on world class cities that consistently rank as the best places to live and work globally. The Government of Canada is committed to ensuring Canada’s place as one of the world’s leading destinations for businesses to invest, grow and create jobs.
The country is seeking individuals with innovative ideas and great entrepreneurial minds who can contribute to its vibrant economy and meet the demands of its rapidly changing job market.
To help achieve this, the Government has launched various business investment immigration programs and Start-up Visa program is one of them.
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program is designed for foreign entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to establish businesses in Canada by allowing them and their families to apply for Canadian permanent resident status.
In order to qualify under the Start-up Visa Program, the applicant must:
1) Own a qualifying business
Applicants, whether alone or as a group (up to 5 applicants), must own more than 50%, with each applicant owning at least 10% of the shares.
2) Get a letter of support form a designated organization, authorized by the Canadian Government. This could be either a:
- Venture capital fund; or
- Angel investor group; or
- Business incubator
- Net worth: No minimum net worth requirement
- Investment: Invest CAD $100,000 to CAD $200,000 in a Canadian Business
- Age: No minimum/maximum age restrictions
- Language proficiency: Minimum Level 5 of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in speaking, listening, reading & writing in either English or French
- Criminal Record: Should not hold any criminal history
- Medical Record: Should not possess any serious health condition
- Settlement Funds: Meet IRCC’s proof of funds requirement
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
Step 1: Seed Stage and Assessment of Eligibility based on candidate’s background, language skills, personal assets and business and employment history.
Step 2: Preliminary Business Plan and Creation of Company
Step 3: Complete the Business Plan, Submission of the Project to the Business Incubator, and Receive the Letter of Support
Step 4: Prepare and Submit the Application for Canada Permanent Residence to IRCC & business startup launch
Step 5: Receive Canadian Permanent Residence
BENEFITS OF INVESTING UNDER START- UP VISA PROGRAM
- One of the best countries to do business in the G20
- Easier access to the US market for business and travel
- Quick pathway to get Canadian Permanent Residency permit for you & your family members
- Accompanying Spouses can work in Canada while Children can attend Canadian schools
- Access to Canada’s excellent healthcare system and various Social-Security benefits
WWICS – Explore your investment options to obtain residency in Canada under Start-Up Visa Program
WWICS – World’s Largest Immigration Groups with Offices all around the globe & more than 27 years of extensive experience in the field of Immigration provides comprehensive Resettlement Solutions to investors & entrepreneurs looking for business investment opportunities in Canada.
Fill out this form and Speak with one of our regulated immigration consultants to determine whether you qualify for immigration to Canada under Start-Up Visa program or under any another business immigration program.