Vernon is a city in the Okanagan region of British Columbia, Canada. Serving a regional population of over 100,000, the community has entered into a partnership with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
As one of the fastest growing communities in BC, Vernon will utilize RNIP to continue to strengthen its local economy and support the development of its workforce.
Eligibility Requirements for Employers
- To qualify under Vernon RNIP, the employers must:
- meet the federal eligibility criteria;
- demonstrate their efforts made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to providing an eligible job offer;
- not receive any form of payment in exchange of offering a job offer;
- undergo a mandatory training session regarding settlement, eligibility, and program integrity before posting a job through RNIP; and
- comply with the post-arrival services required by the Community
- Eligible businesses must have operated in Canada for at least five years, with two of those years within the Community.
- Businesses may be eligible if they are the product of a new investment of over $200,000.00 or more in the Community, have operated in Canada for at least the last 2 years, be expanding or relocating to the Community, and have a physical business location within the Community.
- The wage offered must meet or exceed 25 dollars an hour and must be above or within the range of wages for that particular occupation in the Job Bank for similar jobs in the region as per the Ministerial Instructions.
- Applicants who are currently working, studying, and/or residing in Vernon for at least the last 6 months will be exempt from the Community specific wage criteria of 25 dollars an hour if their wage is between 20 to 24.99 dollars and they meet or exceed 30 points under Vernon’s Comprehensive Ranking System (VCRS). However, only up to 25% of annual recommendations will be available for this exemption.
- The business must be based in the Community and the employee must have the majority of his or her duties performed within the boundaries of the Community.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
To qualify under Vernon RNIP, candidate must:
- meet the federal eligibility criteria, as described in the Ministerial Instructions;
- intend to live in the Community;
- have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 or higher, in English or French, for all skill levels and jobs; and
- have completed a candidate profile on the RNIP Vernon website as only applicants with a complete profile will be able to apply for a position in the Community through this pilot
- Ensure that you meet the Federal eligibility requirements
- Ensure that you meet the Community Based Criteria
- Find Full time employment in the Community
- Complete the Schedule 1 Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot form and submit it to the Community via your candidate profile.
- Submit your RNIP Vernon application
- Submit additional and supplementary information including pay stubs, professional references, house deed, lease agreement, bill payments, etc.