The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) released details of its largest immigration draw to date conducted on September 7, 2021.
A total of 500 Express Entry candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores of at least 300 received invitations to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian Permanent Residency in this draw.
The Alberta Express Entry Stream is Express Entry-aligned stream of AINP that allows the province search the federal Express Entry system for candidates who meet its specific eligibility requirements and invites them to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.
Candidates do not require having any job offers in the province to be invited to apply for a provincial nomination through this Stream. However, they need to have work experience in an eligible occupation that supports province’s economic development and diversification priorities.
Applicants need to meet the following assessment criteria to submit an application to the Alberta Express Entry Stream. The applicant must:
- have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs: Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program
- intend to and be able to live and work in Alberta
- be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- have a Comprehensive Ranking System score of at least 300
In addition, there are certain factors that can increase applicant’s chances of receiving invitation, like:
- having a job offer and/or work experience in the province;
- hold a degree from a Canadian post-secondary institution and a valid job offer; or
- having a parent, child, or sibling who is a permanent resident or citizen in Alberta
Express Entry candidates who successfully receive a nomination from Alberta, obtain an additional 600 points toward their CRS score, which effectively increase their chances to get an invitation to apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence in subsequent Express Entry draw.
Alberta has now invited 4,507 Express Entry candidates so far in 2021. AINP is permissible to issue total 6,250 nomination certificates this year.
Find out if you are eligible for Canadian immigration!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM ! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!